Jack and Jill of America, Incorporated is a National Organization which was organized on January 24, 1938 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania by the late Marion Stubbs Thomas. Today the organization is comprised of over 230 chapters nationwide with over 40,000 family members.
The mission of our organization is dedicated to nurturing future African-American leaders by strengthening children through leadership development, volunteer service, philanthropic giving and civic duty. This is achieved through organizing activities and community service initiatives that not only operate to benefit the children of the members of our organization but the children of the very communities where we reside.
The South Suburban Chicago Chapter was organized in 1976 and has been recognized for our outstanding children’s programming and long history of providing scholarships to local high school students in our community. Our scholarships are funded through the voluntary efforts of our student and parent members. These efforts are an extension of our dedication and pride in promoting leadership development among youth and young adults.
1. African-American student with a demonstrated financial need, attending school and residing in the South Suburban Chicago;
2. Currently enrolled in senior year of high school;
3. Cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.7 or higher;
4. Provide two letters of recommendation: one must be from a teacher; the second recommendation can be from a teacher or any other school staff member; and
5. Must be accepted to a four-year college or university for the 2022-2023 school year.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
All documents, including supporting materials, must be emailed to [email protected]
Information provided will be maintained confidentially and used for purposes stated for this initiative only.
1. Completed application
2. Completed student essay
3. An official copy of your high school transcript
LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION
Two letters of recommendation are REQUIRED: (1) teacher and (2) teacher or other school staff member – LETTERS MUST BE EMAILED TO: [email protected]