The South Suburban Chicago Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. was organized in 1976 and has been recognized for our outstanding children’s programming and long history of providing scholarships to local high school students in our community. Our scholarships are funded through the voluntary efforts of our student and parent members. These efforts are an extension of our dedication and pride in promoting leadership development among youth and young adults.
1. African-American student with a demonstrated financial need, residing in the South Suburban Chicago are;
2. Currently enrolled in Senior year of high school;
3. Cumulative unweighted GPA of 2.7 or higher;
4. Provide two letters of recommendation from a teacher or counselor; and
5. Must be accepted to a four-year college or university for the 2019-2020 school year.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION CHECKLIST
All documents, including supporting materials, must be sent to Jack and Jill of America, Inc., SSCC – Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 887, Flossmoor, IL 60422. The completed application must be postmarked on or before, Saturday, April 7, 2020. Late applications will not be considered. Information provided will be maintained confidentially and used for purposes stated for this initiative only.
1. Completed application
2. Completed student essay
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation: (1) teacher and (2) teacher or counselor
4. An official copy of your high school transcript
5. A copy of your ACT and/or SAT scores should accompany this application
Applicants must meet all of the eligibility requirements and deadlines to qualify. Dependents of members of Jack & Jill of America, Inc. are not eligible to apply.
**The deadline has now passed for our 2019 scholarship opportunities. Interested applicants can check back next year for information on the 2020 application process.**
For more information about our scholarships, please contact our Scholarship Chair, Eugenia Pauling.